October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween

Just a quick post so I can get some pictures in of my grandkids in costume.  I only got to see three of them but I thought they did a great job on their costumes.  Didn’t get to see the ones in Portland of course and the other one that lives here thinks he is too old for Halloween.  I say, never grow up and have fun with it as long as you can.  Even my son dressed up – the same costume he got when his 13 year old was a baby.

Here’s Cailin as Arthur Dent from The Hitchhiker’sP1040974 Guide to the Galaxy:







She put the costume together herself and it’s pretty darn accurate.  She made the “book” she is holding.













P1040977











Emmie made the prettiest Sherlock Holmes I have ever encountered:















Here’s proud Tigger (son Josh) with his two girls:

P1040979



Our little Brendan (age 10) made his costume with 
soP1040981me help from mom.  He was the cutest little fox:



The sidewalk that was put in this past summer paid off and we had more little visitors than usual.  I always enjoy handing out treats to the young (and the not so young).  You will never hear me say, “Aren’t you a little old to be trick or treating.”  I say let them be kids as long as they can and enjoy the holiday.  We all had a great time – now back to work.





We were deliberating this fall about what to do with the pool.  Finally made the decision to get it plastered rather than removed.  It was actually about half the cost to do the plaster job.  Might be a bad decision but we are just too attached to the memories and the fun the kids have here in the summer.  The job is all done now and I’ll be posting some pictures and video soon of the entire process.  It’s been a busy few months around the old homestead and it isn’t over yet.  Hopefully, we will have things shipshape by summer and maybe we can get in some good trips this year. 



All you snowbirds – travel safe.

16 comments:

  1. They sure look ready for the candy liberation process:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your enjoyment for life has sure trickled down to the grands. You should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too enjoyed the Halloween celebration this year..... I have one thing to say regarding your kiddo's costumes.... What did the fox say?

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS TO THE GRANDKIDS !!!!!! They did a great job and Dad looks like a giant Tiggar !!!!! Super you had a lot of visitors for Trick or Treat !!!! Just marcited my pool is that what you are doing ? It was expensive ..... Glad it is every 15 years or so .... All the best, SallyB

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute. Kids are so creative these days with their costumes. I had no imagination as a child (still don't) and it was always so cold and snowy that we had coats and boots and scarves on so you couldn't see the costumes anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great costumes.... great kids! I had to enjoy Halloween vicariously this year so loved seeing such fun costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss seeing the kids (and adults) dressed up. Your grandkids have some clever ideas.

    I bet the kids are thrilled that the Krecklow pool will be open for business again this next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's plain to see your grandkids are just "chips off the old block" or "the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree". I guess there's all kinds of old cliches that apply but the best one I suppose is that they just like to have fun - and, that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I had a pool and the grand kids enjoyed it, I would have definitely made the same decision! I'm thinking to have a pool I would need a house too. Dragging one behind the fifthwheel would probably cause the water to splash out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What creative grandkids. I sure missed getting to see ours dressed up. We spent our Halloween way too quietly for my tastes. Love your be young as long as you can attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Halloween is always such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete