October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

New Babies at our House




Too bad they didn’t live long!!  Don’t you just love spring (and bug spray)??    Yup, sorry to all the ecologically minded.  I know spiders are important to the garden and if they stay in the garden I leave them alone.  But these were about 6 inches from my back door and there were two nests like this.  NO WAY were they going to come creeping into my house!  I’ll probably have nightmares tonight!!

25 comments:

  1. Bug spray sure makes you feel better too just knowing you have fewer of those spiders around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm with you, Donna. I remember earwig infestations in New York. They are the creepiest things--worse than spiders. People could not open their doors--they were there by the millions. And somewhere here in the south, there was an invasion of stink bugs. Not fun, either. I don't like bugs, period, but a bunch of bugs really creeps me out. I remember being in my Mom and Dad's back yard one summer and I picked up a folded chair to unfold it and sit in it and hundreds, maybe thousands fell out of the tubes. You never heard anyone screech so loud in your life.

    Spray away, I say!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! I've never seen that many spiders, although I believe they have hundreds of offspring at a time. Horrifying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to your strong and awesome husband who braved the swarm to take the photos, and then moved in for the kill with the spray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got rid of those pests, but only after Russ took the video--true bloggers show us all the little stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Russ, sounds like you are now qualified to be head guide on a spider safari.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ACK! That's WAY too many~
    Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy doodle!!! Never seen so many spiders in one spot. RAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I'm with you, Donna. I leave bugs alone outside, but once they come close in on the home or come inside ... it's lights out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Egad! That would give me the willies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are taught that all life is valuable, but I have no qualms about doing away with colonies of of arachnids, and even some insects. That many spiders living by your door certainly calls for action!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That just plain gave me the creeps. I hate, hate, hate, did I say hate bugs. We have lots of bug spray at our house and my hero knows when I scream he'd better come running with the spray in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Raaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiid! I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love spiders... their colors, their shape and size... BUT... I prefer to observe them ONE AT A TIME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have no problem with spiders... or maybe I should say "spider". I have never seen that many spiders... that's just freaky! nightmare freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good grief, I've never seen anything like that. I couldn't even click on the video. Now I'm going to have nightmares, too. I agree with The Brights, FREAKY! :(

    BTW, I'm not afraid of spiders, I even squish little ones with my finger. But...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, someone else can have nightmares with me!! You should watch the video though. It's crazy how just a couple are moving and as you watch more and more hatch (I guess) and start wiggling around. EWWWWW!!

      Delete
  17. I have to wield the vaccume cleaner all of the time around my house. Seems if I vaccume up one in the corner, another moves in. Some corners are always popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do a flashlight check every night in the bedroom...ceilings and popular corners on the floor. None so far this year but I know they're waiting to sneak up on me! And I use the vacuum too, works great.

      Delete
  18. I am NOT watching the video. I am NOT scrolling back to the top of the page. I am NOT looking! Ever. I am not planning on seeing those tonight when I close my eyes. Nosireebob!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Phew, just spiders. For a second there I thought you were going to need a bigger motorhome! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bob is my spider hero. I hate spiders! Ewwww.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the music, but not the spiders!

    ReplyDelete