October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Sunday, March 31, 2013

WHEW!! Made it through Spring Break

Another Spring Break is history and the memories are tucked safely away in my heart – and on my hard drive (otherwise I would never remember anything)!!

Our week was filled with grandkids and …

…Pizza…
P1030313

P1030324

…mini-golf…
P1030335

P1030343

…the arcade…
P1030344

…basketball in the backyard…
P1030328
P1030387











…playing in the park…


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
P1030362







     2009                                                                 2013



P1030346
P1030367














…and generally trying to drive grandma crazy…
P1030389

P1030403

We even managed to have some pretty good sunsets right over the backyard fence.
aP1030375

Poppy even got some good rides in this week.
P1030268

The kids have all gone home now and things have quieted down around here.

P1030424

We’re tired, Poppy is tired, and the house needs a little attention.  But will I do it again next school break, regardless of the cost to our budget and our bodies?

P1030374

Of course – because some things in life are simply  priceless.

22 comments:

  1. Well - it looks like I really did something bad...all my 2013 posts have disappeared. Help, anyone???

    ReplyDelete
  2. E-mail Rick fast!!

    Good job with the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - did that first LOL!! He helped me find the files, now I just have to get them all republished.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful seeing the kids again. They look like they have all grown since Christmas. You just can't put a price tag on making memories with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great week!

    Everyone looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great group and it looks like grandma got a pretty good shot from the three point line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was an enjoyable post, Donna. So fun to see your grandkids enjoying your company during their spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you had a funtastic week with the Grands. Good to see Poppy enjoyed herself too. Was thinking about the three of you and how you were doing as we vacationed here in DHS these past few days. We were wishing you were here. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun with your grandchildren. And such priceless memories they will have always. I wish my grand parents had been like you. They didn't want to bother with us. Sad when they are like that isn't it. I can only imagine how tired you are. Rest now and relax.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Whew, I'm worn out. Think it's time to go to bed now ;-) Did you get your 2013 posts back? I see only 9 on your archive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick helped me and I'm working on getting them back up.

      Delete
    2. I hope Rick never retires as our internet guru or a lot of us will be in trouble! I so appreciate not only his knowledge but his willingness to help us :)

      Delete
  10. Looks like the kids have grown since their last visit. Time sure speeds by! Say... did you make that basket? 6 points!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! What great memories for you. I aspire to have the grandkids want to visit at that age. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they will - you are already building those relationships. My oldest granddaughter will be 16 in just a few weeks and I was pleasantly surprised that she was so looking forward to her visit.

      Delete
  12. Sure looked like a fun and buys week with the Grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are such good grandparents, the kids will always have these wonderful memories - even when they are grandparents themselves. You set a great example. And now it will take a week to recover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. how nice that you are able to create such great memories for those precious grandkids!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your outlook on life and your philosophy, Donna. I have found that so many of the couples who RV live every moment of life to the fullest. You and Russ certainly have that down pat. You seem to spread joy wherever you go and to whomever your with.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved reading and seeing photos about this special time with your grandchildren. It speaks volumes about the quality of your relationships with them and the kind of people you are.

    ReplyDelete