Sometimes I have to fight the birds for it, but really, there’s always enough to go around. Yesterday, there was a new kind of food, full of fruit and nuts. Boy was it yummy.
But there wasn’t quite enough. Me and my friend ate (or buried) all that was in our house but there was still plenty left in the bird house and they weren’t eating it anyway. What’s a fella to do?
I tried approaching for the bottom but the angle was wrong.
Tried to reach across but the dang thing kept moving.
Maybe just a little more stretch…
Ah gee, that hurts.
Maybe if I climb down the tree and approach from above…
Well, can’t say it’s the roomiest condo on the block, but the grub is good.
The dog came out to try to scare me aw
Can you see me? I’m sitting on a platform just below the branches of the tree.
(Click to enlarge)
I didn’t want to wear out my welcome so I hightailed it back to my own space, after eating my fill of course. Did you see that? I can move like greased lightening!
A quick sojourn to the fence for a reconnoiter and my day was perfect.
And that’s the end of my tale….errr….tail…oh, whatever!
Ha Ha! Enjoyed that immensely!
ReplyDeleteGood change of pace. Just how much can one squirrel eat anyway?
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute and light spot in my afternoon!! :)
ReplyDeleteCute. They can be a pain sometimes, but they sure are cute.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie, I know they are a pain to bird feeders but you gotta love that face :)
ReplyDeleteHey girlfriend, you had us both laughing tonight! Whar a cute story.
ReplyDeleteHey girlfriend, you had us both laughing tonight! Whar a cute story.
ReplyDeleteCute one Donna!!
ReplyDeleteThat was so fun. Those pictures are just so funny.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed that !!!! Thanks ....
Oh, that was good, would make a cute children's book!!
ReplyDeleteheehee, that was great!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure there is a feeder around that can defeat a determine squirrel.
ReplyDeleteVery clever post!
ReplyDeleteCool post!
ReplyDeleteThat first line I thought you were headed into another Russ story, glad it didn't take that turn.
ReplyDeleteFun!
ReplyDeleteSquirrels are amazing acrobats, that's for sure. There wasn't a bird feeding station that we could find that would keep them out. Then, they got in our attic. Whoa boy. Are they hard to get rid of. The exterminator said they can get in through a hole the size of a 50 cent piece. I decided to try to get rid of them myself. I threw moth balls around, put a bright light on, and put a boom box up there with loud music. Voila. They left! I was glad I didn't have to kill any. Rich used to say they were rats with tails. I've had to deal with them since I lost Rich. Much different feeling about them. I left them to the exterminator. They sealed the roof and the basement, never found one, but they were gone. I never heard one or saw one either, but they appeared after I had been camping for two weeks. I had just put a new wood floor in the kitchen. The dishwasher leaked, ruined the floor, and the appliance guy said, "Ma'm did you know you had rats?" If it iver happens to you, don't tell the insurance company the leak was caused by a rodent--the won't cover the damage. What a mess. What an Expensive mess!
ReplyDeleteGreat post!!
ReplyDeleteYou are a good storyteller, Donna!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Luci...taught Kindergarten for 34 years and I can see lots of teaching ops from that story....you should seriously consider it!
ReplyDeleteWonderful squirrel essay. Definitely worth thinking about a book. And my bet is that you have many more good stories too.
ReplyDeleteCan you see a new career?
Blessings
Thanks for providing much needed laughter ... now that the horrendous headache is gone I was able to enjoy that story.
ReplyDeleteReally cute job! Wonderful pictures. :cD
ReplyDeleteHey Donna! haven't talked to you in a long, long time. I'm going to add a link to your squirrels post in my special features section. hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteWell, I just LOVE your squirrel story! He's so cute, don't you just love the way their little minds work. Great "greased lightening" photo of him jumping. :)
ReplyDeleteFunniest post EVER!!!!
ReplyDelete