October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Read This Blog

One of the most thought provoking blogs I have read recently was posted as a link on Merikay’s site tonight.  I think everyone should read it.  A whole different perspective and one we need to consider and do some thinking about.  I don’t have an answer for the dilemma faced by the writer but it would behoove us to try and find one.

P.S.  Thank you all for offering to taste test (!!) my fudge efforts  and a  special thanks to Sue Malone for sending me the recipe to See's fudge. Wish I could share some with ya'll.

10 comments:

  1. Wow - it really is scary, isn't it? Can you imagine having a child like that - there are no good options. And the only ones we hear about - over and over, I might add - are the ones who have killed people. Think of the kids who we haven't heard from yet, like the boy in this article. Very scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read the article you're referring to this afternoon and strangely on the 6 o'clock news they were interviewing the author about her post.

    It still scares the hell out of people just thinking of the countless number of individuals that would fall into this same category. Sadly this is not just happening here in North America but around the globe. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a retired school teacher and parent of a high school teacher, this topic is extremely close to my heart.

    Our school was very involved with the emotionally challenged children. We had meetings each week to stay on top of any issues we may have noticed during the week.

    It is an enormous responsibility for a teacher to know how to handle students who are challenging. We try to work very closely with the parents.

    What has recently occurred is heartbreaking to our nation and to teachers all over the world.

    God bless the parents who have children who need special attention.

    Sent from my iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  4. At one time there was such a thing as permanent committment-that changed when a young man sued the system and won. But what did he win? The right to be mainstreamed? Is that really the answer....or does it present more problems for the mentally ill person? People with these violent issues need to be in a controlled environment for their benefit as well as everyone else's. The only thing I would ask is that the environment be staffed with truly caring people who could apply new research treatments that would be beneficial to their situations. Such a sad way for Michael's siblings to live-like living in a war zone. I can't help but wonder what it will do to their lives as well. God bless this family and all like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article has gone viral Donna, it is all over the twitter/facebook/blogosphere world. The sad part is that it isn't anything that new, even though it is being touted as though it was new information. We have been dealing with this for quite awhile now, in our extended family there are kids who may not be this bad, but are still scary. I can't even begin to imagine what the solution is. Just plain scary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a short bit about this on one of the morning shows when I was searching for some tidbit of local news the other day (didn't find much, so off went the TV again) ... thought provoking indeed. There's more than one contributing factor leading to these horrific tragedies ... we need to look at them as a whole if we are going to find a solution ... or at least find a means to try and ensure the impact is minimal ... unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to stop them from happening entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had read this article after someone had linked to it on Facebook. That's scary stuff and every parent's nightmare. I need some of that fudge right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This story makes Adam Lanza's Mother's decision to keep a Bushmaster semi-automatic rifle and handguns (all unlocked) in her home even more disturbing. Then, to take her mentally troubled son to the shooting range?

    What was she thinking?

    ReplyDelete