I went yesterday and bought about 6 different kinds of chocolate (good stuff, not just chips). I got cream and corn syrup and sugar and canned milk…all the things I thought I might need. Now I have been perusing recipes online and I am stumped! There are so many I don’t know which to choose. So…please…if you have a great chocolate fudge recipe that you would be willing to share, I would love to have it. You can post it here or send it to me at grandma_kr at yahoo dot com.
I want to fill the house with the smells of Christmas and there is nothing like making fudge and cookies to help accomplish that goal. I have a bunch of tins that I plan to fill up for family, so I can make and bake to my heart’s content and then send it all away!!
Meanwhile, here is a short video of Carol of the Bells, from my granddaughter’s (Bekah) middle school concert. This was in November, so the kids didn’t have a lot of time to practice since the beginning of school and I think they did a great job. They have a wonderful teacher. Enjoy!
Well! Donna, I am no help at all because the ONLY fudge recipe that turns out creamy melt in your mouth chocolate lay for me IS the marshmallow one. All the others are too sugary. Hope someone else has a better answer than I do.
ReplyDeleteThey sound pretty darn good then so they must be spectacular now!!
ReplyDeleteHmmm... dont know anything about making fudge... just eating it.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a recipe for you, but I'm willing to sample for you! Send the samples to Richmond,Tx. :-)
ReplyDeleteThey sound great!!! The glee club that is.
I used to make that fudge. However, I think I gained five pounds just looking at your fudge.
ReplyDeleteSorry, my only fudge recipe is the marshmallow one. Mom made fudge when we were little but she discovered the marshmallow one and that was the end of the old cook and stir and cook and stir one.
ReplyDeleteI love fudge more than anything. But like so many other thing I find it hard tohave just one, so I have to say none at all.
ReplyDeleteMy advice is to try each recipe on the web. TexCyn and I will be the judges. Send mine to Folkston, GA. :)
ReplyDeleteThose girls did a great job sounding like Christmas Bells!
I am very fond of fudge, any fudge. I can smell it now!
ReplyDeletecan't help you with the recipe Donna..good luck with finding the right one for your ingredients!
ReplyDeletelove the video, Bekah has grown into a fine young woman!..love the black dresses on all the girls!
I made that marshmallow fudge for everyone from the mailman to the neighbors to all my own kin.... I liked making it because I didn't have to worry about "soft ball" stage and other technical terms. I don't even like fudge but it sure went over big for all those on my list. I loved hearing your granddaughter's group sing. How lovely! They sure seemed older than middle school!
ReplyDeleteMy Dad always makes the fudge using the marshmallow creme and he adds a square or two of really dark chocolate. It is very rich, can only eat a small bite.
ReplyDeleteBordens has a good creamy recipe using condensed milk. but it does use chips, but sure you could sub for good chocolate. Let me know if you want a recipe for awesome gooey butter cookies, out of about a dozen different types of cookies I bake they seem to be everyones favorite.
ReplyDeleteDonna W of Sam and Donna
(sorry about anonymous some reason cant access my google account)
Fudge is great and so was that concert, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHome made fudge ... oh boy; mom used to make one with walnuts when I was a kid, but don't have a recipe. However, if you need any taste testers, you know where you can find us ;-)
ReplyDeleteSuzy has a great fudge recipe using real marshmallows. Unfortunately, that recipe is two days drive away, back home, and you couldn't have it until Christmas Eve day! Bekah's chorus did an excellent job!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for including Bekah's video. They sounded like they been practicing for a long time. Please tell her how beautiful they all sounded.
ReplyDeleteI can't help you with the fudge recipe. I don't make any.
Sent from my iPhone
I ONLY make the marshmallow fudge. It is one of the things I always made for holidays before I started full-timing. Other recipes I've tried through the years were either sugary, runny, or tasted bad. Too much stirring, waiting for the soft ball stage that I was never sure was right, or a correct temp - too much trouble for a bad outcome.
ReplyDeleteI've never had a bad batch with the marshmallow fudge, and was always asked for my recipe. Sorry - but good luck. Buy some bottles or bags of marshmallow and chocolate chips just in case.
Boy, that sounds good right now. I haven't had any in a couple of years. :)
ReplyDeleteWish I had a great recipe for fudge .....my favorite is up at my mountain place and I don't know it by heart..... It would be great to be able to bake the great cookies you mention, Donna .....PLEASE !!!! Thanks.... Hope a great fudge recipe arrives in time .....MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!