Remember Skippy? He was the office dog at the park John was staying in while he was in Elephant Butte. He is about the cutest little guy ever and EXACTLY what I want in a dog.
I pleaded with John to drive the 1000 miles back to Elephant Butte, dognap the little fellow and send him to me. I even said I would pay the shipping. After all, I wanted to be fair. But John wouldn’t do it. Can you believe it???
So all that remained to me and my broken heart was to print this picture and tack it up on the bulletin board by my computer. SIGH!!!! But when I tried to print to picture it came out more like this:
Well that little dog deserves better than that!!! I did all the usual things, checked all the ink cartridges, even replaced black and yellow even though they still showed some ink in them. Ran a diagnostic, etc. Printed the picture using another program to make sure it wasn’t an error with PhotoShop print settings that I was missing. Same result. So I am stumped.
The printer is about 6 years old and I’m thinking it will be easier to replace it rather than repair. I’m looking at another HP at Costco. It’s a four-in-one for under $100 so I may go with that. I may have some still sealed HP 02 cartridges to give away in the near future. Isn’t it crazy that they all take different cartridges? My computer is HP so I want to stick with that brand. Makes set-up simple and I'm familiar with the brand. I don’t need anything fancy so I’m hoping that one at Costco will fill the bill.
And when I get it, you can bet the first thing I am going to print is that picture of Skippy!!
Skippy is darling. I can't believe John wouldn't dognap him for you. After all, what is 1000 miles? He should have done it. Well, at least you'll have the picture. :-)
ReplyDeleteSkippy is as cute a little pup as anyone could hope for - with some color that is.
ReplyDeleteIf your printer is 6 years old then you've had good service from it. Definitely better to buy a new one than have it repaired. Heck, sometimes it's cheaper to buy a new printer than to just buy new ink cartridges!
It's tough to go wrong with any HP printer as the engines are pretty much all the same. Some have more unnecessary bells and whistles.
We had wanted to give a call and perhaps visit and get together on our way down this winter, but alas, we were running for ( no, not the hills ) the desert before this cool rainy /snowy weather system got a hold of us. Skippy looks wonderful... we are very much missing having a dog.
ReplyDeleteI think printers today are built to be disposable every 3-4 years. It is much cheaper to just buy a new one and get it over with.
ReplyDeletecute cute puppy. Sad printer. Printers are such a pain. Sign. Mine is printing weird as well. Good luck with that whole thing, Donna
ReplyDeleteSkippy would have been a fine addition to your family! Geesh John wasn't very accomodating was he? :)
ReplyDeleteDONNA, YOU ARE A SUCH A WISE & KIND PERSON. THAT RICK D. should not even be allowed in our country.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Linda, Not sure who you are, and I thank you for saying I am wise and kind, but that kindness also extends to those who do not agree with me. Please do not allow bitterness or anger to influence your life. It is more important to find common ground and build friendships than it is to fight.
DeleteThe best friends, and the ones I respect the most, are those who I can have a disagreement with over an issue(s), have a heated debate (argument?), but still remain good friends who generally agree on far more issues than we disagree with. Donna, I consider you to be that type of friend.
DeleteAs for Linda, what can I say but ‘jeesh....’! I am crushed!
Thanks Rick. Please come, spend money!!!!
DeleteBring Paulette, too. She's an economic stimulus in her own right!
DeleteI'm totally amazed that we still have the HP printer we bought in Puerto Rico in 2002. I suppose it doesn't get that much use, (I'm too cheap) but it fires right up every time I ask it to.
ReplyDeleteHope I didn't just jinx it by saying that.
Mine has been perfect until now. Guess I got my use out of it as it has sure been a workhorse.
DeleteBefore I retired from police work, I was assigned a new guy to my shift, one of my old guys with many, many years on named him Skippy the punk.only because he looked like he was to young to shave yet. A really good kid, and you know I can't remember his real name, only Skippy. Anyway your picture of Skippy looks just him. Hope you find a way to bring Skippy into your lives he deserves the best. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..
ReplyDeleteActually, Sam, I was just joking with John. Skippy is the well-loved pet of the people who run the campground in Elephant Butte. But he is sure an adorable little dog. Funny story about the kid on your squad.
DeleteWe bought a a new printer, a Canon, at Wallymart. Good thing: It is also a scanner, which I use quite often now that I have it. Price $39.00
ReplyDeleteThat's a great deal. Printers have sure come down in price over the years.
DeleteSkippy is a cutie. Probably best to just replace the printer.
ReplyDeleteI have an HP Laserjet P1006 ... B&W, but I rarely print anything ... I am anti paper ... so it fit the bill just fine. We have two printers (the Samsung is supposed to be wireless), so the HP will probably get donated in a couple of weeks.
ReplyDeleteI got the HP4620 from Costco and it is working great. I would like to have just 2 print cartridges instead of four plus the black one, but it was under a hundred that certainly worked for me. I've always wanted a little pug, but Joe says no more pets. So I took the birthday card he gave me with a pug on it, copied it and framed it and it sets by my chair. That works for me for now.
ReplyDeleteDonna - Good luck with the printer. Tracy and I have a weak moment from time to time and think that we need another dog, but then we think the better of it and change the subject. :-) Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeletePrinters are cheap. Cartridges, not so much!
ReplyDeleteGosh Donna, this post just came through this morning and now I know why my ears were ringing the last couple of days. It wasn't the miles that deterred me, it was the dognapping. Those folks in New Mexico carry guns, you know.
ReplyDelete