I know why Poppy got started sleeping in the bathtub. She was afraid of firecrackers and thunder storms and since this bathroom is totally enclosed, she felt safe hiding in there. We would turn on the fan and close the door and she felt like she was in her den. What I don’t understand is why she continues to sleep in there.
It isn’t like she doesn’t have nice, cushy dog beds all over the house – in every room of the house – at LEAST 1 dog bed, usually two. Ed and Carol visited us earlier this week and got a kick out of Poppy and her penchant for tub sleeping. Ed asked if I would post a picture, so Ed, this is for you!! Good thing we have three other showers to use as Poppy is not keen on sharing her tub.
Today we met another fine blogging couple, Paul and Nina and their dog Polly. Cats, Taggart and Rand,
And that’s a wrap from station KREK here in Eugene, OR.
P.S. Some things to think about:
I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.
I dropped out of Communism class because of lousy Marx.
I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.
Haunted French pancakes give me the crepes.
Velcro - what a rip off!
Cartoonist found dead in home. Details are sketchy.
Venison for dinner? Oh deer!
Did you hear about the butcher who backed into his meat grinder and got a little behind in his work?
When she finds out what can happen in the bath tub, she will never go in it again:)
ReplyDeleteShe thinks that only happens at the groomers haha!!
Deletehow nice that you got to meet Paul and Nina..and their fur kids too!!..she does a fine job on her blog..always full of information!..as for Poppy in the tub?..cute cute cute!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed Paul and Nina's blog... how did you meet them? Did Russ help write this tonight? the jokes sound like him.Would Poppy like it if you put a little bed in the tub? (aren't I just full of questions tonight:)
ReplyDeleteI think a bed in the tub would be a nice touch too! Of course she might like the cool surface in the summer months. I had a ;Lab that would sleep on her bed all winter and then one day in spring move to the tile floor. Sleep there until fall and back on her bed for winter. She was always a week or so before the real weather change!
ReplyDeleteYou're right, she likes the coolness. When she first started doing this, I would put a blanket or her bed in the tub, She would push them to one side and lay on the cold, hard tub! Poppy is like your lab, she also likes cold floors. I guess it makes sense to the dogs.
DeleteThe end of your post tonight brought out the groans.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the picture of Poppy Dog.
ReplyDeleteEd
You're welcome!!
DeleteIt's great that you are meeting so many bloggers and visiting with them at your home.
ReplyDeleteActually in this case we went to their home! They are staying in a great county park just a few miles from our house. But however we meet other bloggers, it's always fun.
DeletePoppy looks awfully comfortable in his bathtub.
ReplyDeleteBy the way I enjoyed your Groaners Corner. Getting just like The Bayfield Bunch.
Maybe sleeping in the bathtub would be a good remedy for hot flashes? :)
ReplyDeleteLOL!! Now, there's a thought!
DeleteI'm with Carol K - wish I had thought of that a few years ago! Thanks for my morning chuckle.
ReplyDeletePoppy's the only dog I've ever heard of who goes in the tub like that. I'd sure love to hear her version of why she does it.
ReplyDeletePoppy probably got used to the "sleeping place." My dog likes to be cool and sometimes will prefer the tile floor over a cushy bed.
ReplyDeleteI love Eugene and hope to be in Oregon during the month of August. Last year in July it was much too cool...
August is not my favorite month as it can get really hot, once or twice we have hit 100!! Anything over 72 is too hot for me LOL!! Guess it's all in what you're used to. If you come to Eugene, be sure and look us up.
ReplyDeletePoppy just cracks me up.
ReplyDeleteSorry we didn't get to meet up with those two. I bet they were the nicest people!
Didn't do too much thinking...I was laughing too hard.
Cute picture of Poppy in the tub.
ReplyDeleteYou are sure getting to meet some famous bloggers. We've gotten lots of great park recommendations from Paul and Nina's blog.
They were a lot of fun to chat with. Now we want to go to San Diego based on how much they loved it down there!
DeleteLove Poppy the Bathtub Pup! What a smart pup, she is. Jack has beds in every room. Just never moved Lizzie's. He'll move between the two beds closest to where I sit/sleep. At night, though, it's up with me until he's too hot, then it's on the floor right next to me. He has a regular routine--must have a clock in his head or he knows which TV program is on--I actually think he knows when a commercial comes on that it's either time to move, go out, or get a cookie!!!
ReplyDeleteHis latest "Poppyism" is to whine until I scratch his back with my back scratcher. He's been a joy every moment of his life.
Must be nice to meet the other "traveling' couples". I feel like I know all of you. Nina got me thinking about San Diego, too, if I ever get out west, again.
We enjoy reading Jack B. Nimble blog posts. He has a good perspective on things. Do look us up if you get out here to Oregon.
DeleteIt was GREAT to meet you guys! I'm just about to do a post on the rain too, so I guess great minds think alike haha. Really enjoyed our little afternoon chat. Hope to see you again on the road!
ReplyDeleteNina