October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Monday, January 7, 2013

Orange You Glad for Blogger Friends?

I know I am!

I got SO much information from bloggers on my plea for help yesterday.  I think I can safely say that we will get some dental work done in Mexico.  It’s funny, but it seems that the warnings or negative comments that one often hears regarding Mexican dentists, seem to come from folks who have never been to one.  All the comments I got yesterday were helpful and positive.  I also got some private emails with further details.  So THANK YOU all so much for your help and recommendations.

Then there’s this other thing with bloggers – especially from the Canadian snow birds.  Seems like all the ones on the west coast come down I-5 and they all make a stop at the Orange Grove RV Park in Bakersfield.  Having stayed their myself, I can tell you, it is a great place.

But then they post all these pictures like Paulette picking oranges,  and Don and Kim had to go and mention the Orange Grove RV Park too.  Then there was Rene and Jeanette who, even in the midst of a not so good day, managed to snag a full quota of oranges.

I couldn’t stand it.  I got the address from Joe and Betty who get oranges from the fruit stand adjacent to the RV park…and I order a big box!  The box was only about $14 but the shipping was $23.  Oh, well, I justified it by calling it a birthday present.  Don’t you just love how you can stretch out a birthday to cover just about anything?

So I got my oranges today.  Don’t those look yummy?
P1020604

It didn’t take me long to cut into one and I am happy to say it did not disappoint.
P1020605

So we are going to be enjoying oranges for awhile and then, near the end of February our plan is to head south.  Russ really needs to take care of that dental work, don’t you think?

P1020608

No comments:

Post a Comment