It was a silly song but fun all the same.
I was thinking what is so special about a calendar. It’s just paper with rows and columns. Little boxes with numbers in them…1-31 or less! If you have a fancy calendar, you might have some pretty pictures to look at.
So why is it that opening up a brand new calendar to a brand new year is so special? It’s just another series of pages just like last year. There are still 7 days in the week and 12 months in the year. Even the names of the days and the months never change. The year (at least in my world!) always begins with January and ends 12 months later in December.
I am always amazed at the feeling that comes over me when that new year comes. You might think I would be just a little bit sad since it also signals that I am another year older. With my birthday being so close to the start of the year (it’s on the 4th), I can almost combine the two celebrations.
I think that symbolically the turning of that page
There is a scripture that I have been thinking of that says in
I look forward to 2013 with an excitement and anticipation I have not felt for quite a while. I know that each year brings with it many joys and sorrows but I just have, for some reason, a renewed hope for 2013. Bad things will still happen but there will be many good things that we will enjoy.
A blank slate, a new year, a new page on the calendar. What will you write in your little boxes?
No comments:
Post a Comment