October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Soaring With Eagles

We had a wonderful surprise today.  Driving home from a trip to the grocery store, Russ started pointing and saying, “Did you see that?”  Naturally I hadn’t because when Russ is driving, I keep both eyes on the road!!  But when he told me he had just seen two bald eagles sitting at the very top of a tree, I had him turn around and go back

Unfortunately, there is no place to pull over on that stretch of two-lane road so he pulled as far to the right as possible, turned on his flashers and I took some shots.  I know, we were naughty and probably deserved a traffic ticket, but it’s a rural road with not many cars, so we got away with it (shame!).  I only had my baby camera with me but what a thrill anyway.
eagles4

Russ got this shot from a different angle.
eagle5

And a short 15 second video.


This may not seem like something to get excited about, but it was unusual and we were happy to have a chance to view these magnificent birds. 

26 comments:

  1. I am always excited to see bald eagles! Great shots:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad glad for your quasi criminal behavior, it sure produced some wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I've been known to stop in the middle of the road, jump out, and leave the vehicle to get a shot of a grizzly. Looking back, that wasn't too smart, but I've still got the pic, and the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that is a big thrill. Would have done the exact same thing. Awesome pictures and so cool to make the video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos--especially from your "small" camera. And that's quite the blue sky gracing your eagle sighting. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous.... Every year I go to an area in late December or Early January where Eagles gather for feeding on Lake Coeur d'alene Lake and I have never gotten pic like you just got. Course then it is usually freezing snow or sleet with very gray skies. Pics of a lifetime. These are keepers for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW !!!!
    Prize winner.... Thank goodness you doubled back so we could enjoy the show !!!
    What a pair; they seem to like that perch .... Thank you for the time and effort ....sharing is such a treasure !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would have done exactly the same thing you did. Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo's and video Donna, Marissa, Lolita and I all enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! Great photos and what a thrill. We are from B.C. Canada and see these fabulous birds often but you really captured their spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love the photos and am totally wishing I could see Bald Eagles. Lucky, blessed you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply magnificent pictures, Donna and Russ! I have never seen such a good view of bald eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your "baby camera" took some excellent shots. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...you two are so blessed to see such beauty as that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos! It is so rare to see bald eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's always so thrilling to see bald eagles. I have been known to stop dead in the middle of a road to look at birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing pics of the Bald Eagles. Awesome, spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never tire of eagles ... always stop for them, even if they are too far for a picture, or don't have a camera with me. They're always a thrill.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful shots - nothing to be ashamed of, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I cool being so lucky to see two of those fabulous birds.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pictures. Good that someone was watching for birds, and good that someone was watching the road. Next time, trade off just for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete