October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Friday, September 12, 2014

Lazy Daze for Sale

Yup, it’s true, we are selling Therapy.  It seems that we are not destined to be travelers and we would like to see someone get some use out of this RV. For those of you not familiar with my blog, this is a 2011 31’ TB Lazy Daze.  We bought it new from the factory and took delivery on February 24, 2011.  

We booked it out on NADA and the suggested retail price is $93,500.  Low retail is $63,934 and average retail comes in at $77,042.  We have about 16,000 miles on it and have all service records.  We are asking $75K for the motorhome.  Also selling the Honda Fit that is set up to tow with the motorhome.  They look good together!!  Will sell separately or together.  We haven’t yet booked out the Fit so don’t know yet what the price will be but it will be fair.  The Fit has 22K miles on it.  

dance country

One of the reasons we wanted a motorhome was so we could travel with our beloved dogs, Rusty and Poppy.  If you have read the blog, you know that didn’t work out well.  Both dogs were old, and although they wanted to travel, it was just too hard on them.  We ended up leaving them home with a sitter most of the time and that was NOT what we wanted.  When we lost first Rusty, and a year later, Poppy, we just didn’t have the same urge to travel.  We put over 10,000 miles on the coach the first year we had it and then in the last three years less than 6000 more miles total.

P1050953

We now have two new-to-us dogs, and we made one trip with them.  P1060038Seems the lady we got them from was not exactly honest with her reasons for re-homing the dogs.  Jewel is just that: a jewel.  Her brother, Ollie, however, is a whole different story.  Ollie has “issues!”  He is reactive and fearful and that makes him aggressive.  That does NOT make for a good travel dog.  He is very fearful of new situations and does not like strangers ollie 2 beforeor other dogs.  The problem is, he is very loving with us and we love him right back.  We have spent thousands on training and medication for Ollie and he is better, but he will never be a calm, normal dog.  He is just not wired that way.  At one point I called the breed rescue about the possibility of finding a more suitable home for him.  They will not take him because of his aggression and their attorney told us we could be liable if we re-homed him and he bit someone.  He has never drawn blood but he has snapped at most family members.  So it’s basically us or we put him down.  I’m just not ready to do that yet and so will continue with training and meds for now.  Thus, we will not be traveling.  Even if by some miracle Ollie became suddenly manageable, I just don’t want to travel with dogs anymore.  We are happy here and we go on rides and day trips and I think that will be enough.

So if you have been thinking about a Class C, do your research and see if a Lazy Daze might be the rig for you.  You can contact us at grandma_kr at yahoo dot com.  Thanks and happy travels to you all out there.  I still read blogs when I am not training the dogs but haven’t had much time to comment. 

29 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it turned out this way with Ollie and yet I still completely understand why you made this decision. It is the right one for you guys. Eventually we will all quit traveling and I know that after this trip East we will be slowing down. I know you have done everything you can do for Ollie and he is so lucky to have you guys for however long. Good luck with selling the rig. Whoever buys it will be really happy folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry it did not work out for you, hope you get a quick response on the sale:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to miss reading of your travels even though they have waned recently. Maybe you'll get a chance to write more of how the family continues to grow and mature. It was fun reading of the grands coming over to visit and put on their own productions for you.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck on your change of direction. Someone is going to get a real jewel of an RV that was owned and maintained by a couple of other jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you well... the more I am at 'home' the more I am satisfied with being here and putzing about doing my things... Can travel here and there w/o carting the RV with me, but am always looking at places to 'park' and wondering what that would be like :) Ah, well my space is a great space, if u are ever over in this part of the state, stop by, love to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are doing what is best for you and your fur kids..hope that your motorhome finds a good home!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going To miss seeing you guy's on your travels. Hope we can meet up for a Denny's breakfast when we are going through Eugene. The fur kids are lucky to have found you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Donna and Russ, I was so looking forward to being able to camp with you again. I totally understand your decision, though. I wish you a quick sale on your Lazy Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that's a heck of a note, but you must listen to your own song. So, your song is not "On the Road Again." Instead you'll be singing "Our House" by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, with two dogs in the yard, not two cats. Enjoy the life that works best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to hear from both you and Russ..... Sorry to hear Ollie has been such a trial and so costly for you.... On the other hand I am happy that you are able to sort things out and do what is best.... Hopefully, the car and motorhome will sell and that will bring some piece of mind.... Miss your blog so much, always one of my favorites because you included your family especially your grandchildren. Hope all are well and staying busy with all their projects.... Also, must mention that I think of you all when the DUCKS play and win !!!! What a team !!! Take good care and keep up the good work on the Ollie project.... Thank goodness for Jewel too .... All the Best, Sally

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you all the best. Still look forward to seeing you on FB! Loved your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, gosh...I'm sorry to hear this, but I completely understand your decision. Bless you for putting the dog first.
    Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. I felt a sadness come over me reading your post this morning. I sensed the frustration, your own sadness & disappointment. Difficult decisions have already been made & difficult decisions still ahead. Wishing you & Russ all the best & all the best to Ollie & Jewell as well. Thinking of you.........................

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just thinking yesterday how I missed reading the latest news from you guys. Sorry that the travels haven't worked out. Hoping for a quick sale for you.

    Hey, just because you aren't traveling doesn't mean you can't blog!! Would love to hear about how things are going with you and Russ, and it sure sounds like you would have topics with the fur kids. :) I hope that Ollie continues to improve as you work with him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to hear from you two dear friends. We wish you the best on selling your motorhome.

    We are praying that Ollie's meds help him become calmer and that you do not have to take any additional steps with him.

    Take care. Enjoy your Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We certainly understand your decision! We have a 17 year old Shih Tzu and she does not travel well any longer. We have parked the Casita and stay at home where she feels secure. The Casita will always be here, she won't.
    You chose what was right for your family!! Hope we will continue to hear from you and that Ollie continues to improve with his training and meds. He is lucky to have such a loving family.
    Wishing you the very best on the sell of your MH and tow vehicle. Both look fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years. You gave me a lot of encouragement when I was just dreaming. I hope you keep your blog even if you only post occasionally about non RV thing. We have always loved dogs and cats, and not having one or more in our lives has been a consciou decision. We probably will get another pet someday when we are done with this part of our life.

    Good luck with the sale. You can always buy others if it is right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry that you won't be travelling anymore but you have to do what is best for you and for the dogs.

    Whoever buys your rig will get a good one, and I hope they put it to great use. Good luck!

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lazy Daze makes a beautiful motor home. (We used to own a 27' Lazy Daze and loved it.) I'm sure someone will snap up your "Therapy." Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ah yes, it is all about priorities! You two have a great life there in Eugene with your animals and grandkids and a home that you love. If you aren't using the rig, then by all means a good decision to sell it. Something tells me that "Travels in Therapy" might become something different...aka...let's play in the northwest with our dogs. I hope you keep a blog presence of some sort, Donna, I have enjoyed yours so much. Hugs and good luck with the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eugene is not a bad place to stay tied too! I am eager to see what God has in story for the next chapters of your life. Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Best of luck, Donna & Russ. I bet you'll have that lovely Laze Days sold in no time. Eugene is a wonderful town. We might give you a yell if we're ever parked out by the Mall, passing through!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We may be interested in your rig. Can you tell me if it has solar and levelers, and any other options? Please email me at cindybeck1@hotmail.com. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ollie is so lucky. Have enjoyed your blog over the years. We will slow down after our big trip next year to Maine next summer and then Florida for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Like you and Russ, Donna, Rich and I bought motorhomes to travel with our dogs. We were fortunate that neither was very old at the time, and both loved to travel.

    I'm not sitting on an expensive motorhome, thank goodness, but my little trailer sits in the driveway mostly so I can make Jack comfortable--I can't get him up in the truck any more--even with the ramps. He's in no pain and is still a happy guy, but seems content to just hang around with me or, more accurately, it's me hanging around with him. He's still wonderful company and amazes me at times when he does something a puppy would do. I realize the day is coming, but treasure every day with him as long as he's happy.

    I've already told my eldest son that he and his wife can have the truck and trailer when they are ready to travel. They think maybe I'll take one more trip out west. I'm being evaluated for an implanted spinal stimulator to see if it's an option for me. If not, I can still sit and drive and I may be 85 before it happens, but I haven't given up hope of going west, again. The question is whether I will want to do it without Jack.

    So, you've come full circle--you bought Therapy for dogs you love, and now you're selling it for two more dogs you love. I'm sorry to hear about Ollie. At least you've given him a home that showers him with love, so Jewel won't have to lose her brother. You're good people, and I admire your choices. It wouldn't surprise me if you bring Ollie around - he's come a long way since his first day with you.

    If you are content that's what matters. :) I haven't been reading blogs much--got the urge, tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Best of luck. I do feel sad that you're not traveling anymore, but total kudos to you both for sticking by Ollie despite his issues. I know it is not an easy choice.

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm sorry the full-timing didn't work out for you, but you have a great family and a beautiful home, and live in a wonderful city. You have the dogs, a mixed blessing I'm sure, and most of all you have each other. I don't need a new motor-home, but I've been in your Class C and it's super nice and comfortable and I know you've taken great care of it. Good luck with the sale, and how nice that it will be back on the road with another traveler loving it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi ,
    I know it's probably hard to sell your LD with all the memories and great times. We own a 2005 and love traveling with our toy poodles. We would be interested in purchasing a newer version. Please let us know where you have your LD posted for sale. Thanks, Debra and Gary ddesimone56@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete