October 2014

October 2014
Day Trip to Oakridge Oct 2014

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Bird Blog (personal record)

This blog is just a personal record that I want to get into my next blog book.  It’s just about some of the birds we have seen and photographed in our backyard so feel free to skip right on over it!!  Might be boring to most!

Collared Dove 5-18-2013



Lesser Goldfinch 5-19-2013
IMG_0687


Northern Flicker – 11-20-2013
northern flicker


Bewick’s Wren 11-26-2013
bewicks wren


Mourning Dove 12-5-2013
IMG_3043


Townsend’s Warbler 12-19-2013
aIMG_3501


Dark Eyed Junco 1-19-2014
IMG_3647


Scrub Jay 1-19-2014 (can’t get him in flight but got him hopping!)



IMG_3697


A whole flock of Bushtits 1-26-2014



Bushtit 1-26-2014
IMG_3752


Robin 1-26-2014
IMG_3808


Robin 1-26-2014
IMG_3803


Yellow Rumped Warbler 1-26-2014
IMG_3853


Yellow Rumped Warbler 1-26-2014
IMG_3831


Chestnut-backed Chickadee 1-26-2014
IMG_3796





Varied Thrush 1-28-2014
IMG_3884


Ruby Crowned Kinglet 1-28-2014 (Yes, it’s raining!)
IMG_3870


Ruby Crowned Kinglet 1-28-2014 (ruby crown just barely visible, click to show detail)
IMG_3874

And that’s the end for now.

31 comments:

  1. Bird pictures are never boring to me and you got some good ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope to get better ones when the weather warms up and I don't have to shoot through a window.

      Delete
  2. The bunch of bushtits just made me chuckle! And that first close up of the kinglet is just marvelous. They so seldom sit still long enough. Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I counted 19 or 20 bushtits all hanging on that suet at once. They sure come in bunches.

      I have been trying to get a photo of that kinglet for days. Russ first spotted it and noticed it was different from the bushtits even though it sometimes hangs out with them. This morning it sat on the branch by the feeder for a long time. I wondered if it was cold from the rain or sick, but it flew off finally and seemed to be fine.

      Delete
  3. Love love love these pictures! we've had robins show up here in Florida...I'm hoping it means spring is on the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would be nice to have an early spring but I think it's just toying with us here in Oregon!

      Delete
  4. How do you get these birds to stay still so you can photograph them? I'm lucky to even see a bird, let alone get a picture of one... :cO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tantalize them with the offer of stardom in my blog!!

      Delete
  5. I love the birds! What an awesome group of photos you have taken! I love the expression on the Townsend's Warbler...it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my little Townsend's. He is sure showing some attitude in that photo.

      Delete
  6. You definitely have some great shots of the birds! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like bird pictures. I really like the hopping scrub jay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrub jays can be noisy and aggressive but I have found the two that visit our place to be rather shy and hard to catch on camera. They sure do love the peanuts.

      Delete
  8. Great bird photos indeed. And so many different kinds. We seem to be limited here in our area of Arizona with maybe a half dozen of the same bird types at the feeders all the time..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the birds I see on your blog. It sometimes seems the farther south you are the more colorful the birds are. I'm still trying to catch one on the wing!!

      Delete
  9. That's quite a collection of birds you have there. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It keeps me busy and out of trouble (almost!).

      Delete
  10. LOVE THE BIRDS !!!!
    No wonder you and Russ have been enjoying the sightings through your favorite window ..... Such a variety and great shots ..... Kinda think they are hinting at Spring !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love our "nature channel." Looking forward to seeing more as the seasons change. We're hoping spring is not too far away.

      Delete
  11. I am not a bird lady, but your pictures were terrific and I like the way you identified each picture. What a good variety you have seen in your backyard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol, that's not even all of them. I left out the crows, sparrows, and starlings! I'm anxious for warmer weather so I can take pictures outside and not have to shoot through two panes of glass.

      Delete
  12. Loved the post. Be glad to look at bird pix anytime. Becki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becki, glad you enjoyed the photos. I'm a little surprised at the number of folks who actually looked at them!!

      Delete
  13. Donna, I love your bird pics! You said your next blog book...I can't see one here on your blog...where would I see it? I've done a book about Cali, my mustang mare, but haven't published it yet...
    Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make a book from my blog every six months. It's just for my own use and I make it on blog2book.com. It's just a way to keep my blog in permanent form so I have my pictures and a record of my travels. It's not a published book. I would be interested in seeing your book about Cali.

      Delete
  14. Wow!! Lots of neat birds!! that last one with the water droplets on it was really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neat birds ... and you didn't even have to go far to get them.

    ReplyDelete