April 2011

April 2011
Boondocking at my brother's in Reno, April 2011

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Therapy gets a New Hat–well Three New Hats!


Finally – we got three Max-Air vents put on today.  It is something I kinda dragged my feet about cuz I didn’t want to impede the air flow from our Fantastic Fans.  We got the vent covers which are supposed to allow maximum air flow so I hope they work that way.  Haven’t tried them out yet.  This is what they look like.  At least we shouldn't have anymore rain inside the motor home!max vent
We got them at Camping World so I don’t feel bad about using their picture – free advertising for them lol!   They cost quite a bit more than the regular vent covers but if you have the Fantastic Fans you understand why I don’t want to interfere with the airflow.  It cost us $16 per cover for installation but I consider it money well spent.  We do NOT want to see Russ up on the roof, or me either for that matter.

MC900140691 (1)Last night we managed to replace an outside plug on the side of the garage.  It somehow got corroded and shorted out.  Since it runs our pool pump, it is pretty essential.  Now, you may not think replacing it is such a big deal but for Mr. and Mrs. Unhandy it was a major accomplishment.   Put either of us in front of a computer and we can usually figure out how to do something – put a tool in our hands and it’s all downhill from there!!

It’s been a busy week so far but we have got a lot accomplished.  The Fit is back in the shop.  The check engine light came on right after we left Pendleton.  We called the dealer who did the insurance work and were told to take it to the dealer when we got home.  Did that once already and they reset it and cleaned off the antifreeze that was on the sensor but the light came back on a few days later.  Now we find that the gasket on the thermostat was not properly in place and that is causing the problem.  Hmmm… I wonder how that happened??  No way to go back to the other dealer so we’ll just bite the bullet and pay for it ourselves.

Also got our passports sent in for renewalMP900314381.  $110 for a ten year renewal…not too bad.  The worst part was having my picture taken – full face straight into the camera.  It was not a pretty sight.  It sure didn’t look much like that woman who was on my old passport.  I wonder where she went?


Amid all our chores and running around, we did manage to get Therapy out for a run to the lake.  I always love it when all the boats are back.  They look so graceful and colorful.

fern ridge

P1050770
Rusty wanted to go and he managed to walk a little but not too far.  It’s hard on our backs lifting him in and out of the motorhome but he wants to be with us and so we try.  Poppy is doing great.

More flowers are getting planted tomorrow…hopefully the planters that hang on the front of the house.  We’ll see how that works out. 

P1050743

16 comments:

  1. That reminds me I also have to get my passport renewed. The last 2 times I used in coming into the US from Mexico the customs agent said it doesn't even look like me. HA! What was I supposed to do, stay in Mexico?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the continuing issues with the Fit... It needs to shape up!

    Strangely, we just applied for our first passport! I didn't like my photo either, but it seems to be an ongoing theme for me lately. What do you suppose is wrong with the cameras nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our passports are expired, but I think I will wait until we are full timers and have a South Dakota address before we renew them.

    We almost bought a Fit. Bought an Accent instead. The Fit had a bit more cargo space, but I was not happy with the clutch. Craig said it might be because it was the first manual Transmission I had driven in years, and by the time we tested out the Accent we had driven several.

    But anyway the Accent is white, matches the Alfa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Mr. and Mrs. Unhandy keep doing minor repairs it won't be long before you will be called Mr. and Mrs. Handy, but still keep Russ off the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are so pretty. I thought $110 was a little steep. The one that expired cost $50. I should have gotten the card instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We bought the passport card/driver's license version, but we'll probably renew our passports, too, when the time comes. I think you'll like your vent covers. We have Fantastic Fans and bought the regular vent covers, and it's so nice to be able to leave the vents open and not worry about rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the Fantastic Fans, but not the vent covers... got "rained on" a couple of times so maybe should consider those covers. I'd been reading your blog about your Fit... had never seen one so kept on the lookout while we were on the road from TX to OH... saw at least 4... nice car! Does it have much storage space? (we carry our tripod and satellite dish with us)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like just about everyone has blue tarps for their sails there. One red one would really stick out nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are considering the Max-Air vents. I think we will look closer into them when we get back to Ohio.

    Oh how I hate getting my photo taken. The picture on my license looks like I just committed a big crime! Horrid!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had the fantastic fan and covers in old fiver and just loved it, really miss it in this one...
    have you ever thought of making a ramp for poppy?...I know if riggs couldnt jump into the truck at 105 lbs we would be in trouble, he weighs almost as much as me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just had my passport photo taken as well. It looks like it should be hanging on a Post Office wall of 10 Most Wanted.

    We have those MaxAir covers for our Fantastic Fans and they work as advertised.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really like the looks of that marina and lake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We just purchased a Fantastic Fan to replace the one in our living room. I like the remote control idea, rain sensor, plus it flows in and out. Hopefully it will be quieter than the original fan. Waiting on a shipment of Dicor calk so I can crawl on the roof and get it installed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Going to have to check out those covers. We still just have the passport cards but should be looking at getting regular passports. Sure like all that red color in your yard it looks very nice. Hope you and Russ have a Great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to supply them with a passport photo for the license for gate guarding. Mine is expired too, so will need to renew it. I just gave them an extra copy. I haven't changed a bit and it was taken in 1997. Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  16. I seen those vent covers on some trailers around the RV park. They look like a good idea. Wonderful pictures of the marina too!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete