April 2011

April 2011
Boondocking at my brother's in Reno, April 2011

Monday, May 14, 2012

It Was a Fun Day

I had one of the best times yesterday on Mother’s Day.  Oh sure, I was tired when the day was done, but it was worth every moment.   I had 5 grandkids come over and all three of my sons.  Unfortunately, my daughter and her family could not make it down from Oregon City yesterday but that’s okay.  We’ll have other times.


That’s Brendan, Corbin, Emmie, Bekah, and Cailin:
P1050707

Okay, for those of you who didn’t make a silly face before, now’s your chance.
P1050709

Pardon my pictures but these will someday be put in a blog book for posterity, so I’m including them here even if they aren’t the best.  I was having too much fun to think about the camera much so every once in a while I would snap a quick shot without much thought!


L to R: Corbin, Bekah and Emmie, Russ, DIL Annette, son Joel, and Brendan.
P1050710a
We ate lots of burgers and salads and the boys (the GROWN-up boys, John, Josh, and Joel) sat around and horrified us with their memories of shenanigans they pulled while they were growing up.  It’s no wonder Russ and I need Therapy!!


The kids had fun playing yard games and chasing each other with squirt guns.

P1050716
Corbin always wants to work so he spent a lot of time watering my flower beds – until he discovered that he was holding the best squirt gun of all.
P1050724a

I have some very lovely blooms in my garden.
P1050720a

And although the pool has not been cleaned up or warmed up for summer, Brendan could not resist soaking his feet.  He ended up with a lot more than wet feet!
P1050725a

Unfortunately I didn’t get photos of everyone.  I did get a picture of the bird/squirrel feeder that Josh brought me.
P1050740a
I hung the feeder where we can sit in our chairs in the living room each morning with a cup of coffee and watch the critters come for a meal and a drink.  I’m going to enjoy this a lot over the summer.

We ended the day with ice cream in Styrofoam cups and Russ got these cute photos of Brendan eating his treat.


And that was my day.  Hope yours was just as wonderful.

16 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!!! Mine was very similar with 4 grands under age 3 and two step-grand teens!! And I always say you know your kids are comfortable with you when can talk about their antics with you and know you'll laugh with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had a great Mother's Day Donna!..you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great family photos, I hope to make a blog book, also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ""We ate lots of burgers and salads and the boys ""

    WHAT?! WHAT?!! Yikes! Note to self, stay away from O-r-e-g-o-n...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh silly me, I'm not a boy! ;-)

      Delete
    2. HAHAHA... I assure you the boys survived!!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great day with the kids and family. Glad to see you guys had some fun. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to spend Mother's Day - or any other day, for that matter! :) I love the pictures; candid ones are always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun is spelled G R A N D K I D S. Looks like you had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looked like the perfect Mothers Day and we are glad you enjoyed it. The yard is sure looking nice and we like your new feeder you received from Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Cailin's smile from her phone. So clever!

    You are correct...Your blooms are too cute!

    What a GRAND Mother's day you had. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. personally prefer candid family shots...more realistic and more fun that posed ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fun day. I loved all of the pictures and funny faces. Your flowers, birdhouses, pool, etc so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Mothers Day! You've got the nicest looking family, real cuties! :)

    ReplyDelete