April 2011

April 2011
Boondocking at my brother's in Reno, April 2011

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Changes!!


My goodness, as I was reading blogs tonight I see we have some changes:

Gail and TC’s Travels is now Memoirs of the Trailerhood.

Merikays Dreams are no longer written in Smoke, Her dreams now have Six Wheels. YAY!!

Michael Ultra is selling his house, and it appears that Gypsy BoHo has sold hers (fingers crossed).

Even Al of the Bayfield Bunch is finding that his interests are changing.

And Rick is changing some 2X2’s into something that for now will remain a mystery!

I guess if the seasons can change, people certainly can make some changes as well.  I know we have changed our minds several times lately about where we are going and what we will be doing.  Nothing is ever static and that helps keep life interesting. 

Some changes are easier than others.  Some you choose and some just happen, regardless of any action on your part.  If you are going through changes, hang in there.  Change is inevitable, and can usually lead to something beneficial – if not now then somewhere down the road.

A couple of updates…Rusty dog is doing so much better.  Has his appetite back and seems to be feeling pretty good.  His hindquarters are still weak and his feet don’t always go where he wants them to, but most of the time he is getting around just fine.  He is reluctant to go in the car and makes it clear he would just as soon stay at home.  So we will go ahead and plan on some limited travels in September and October without the dogs and then we will reevaluate and make whatever changes are needed.

About 6 months ago, I had my annual mammogram and had to have a biopsy based on what was seen.  That test was clear, but I was scheduled for a 6 month follow-up ultrasound just to see if anything had changed.  I had that test on Monday and I got the report in the mail today.  I am happy – no, overjoyed – to report that all is well and I can go back to just having the regular checkups.  I just love good news!

I got a photo of the local wildlife the other day.

squirrel

Yes, we feed them.  Put this little shelf up a few years ago and they love to sit and eat the nuts and seeds we supply.   They get pretty vocal when the food runs out!

Soon many of you will be headed to warmer climes for the winter.  Many of you are already getting thing checked out and cleaned up in preparation for your trip.  The Hollingers, over at RV Life on Wheels, have been doing some maintenance and fixing little things around the RV.  Seems like a lot of change and preparation are  going on right now.  I can feel the change of seasons in the air and it won’t be long until fall, and then winter, is upon us.

I can hardly wait to see what other changes will be coming in the next few months.

21 comments:

  1. I love the header photo, Donna, it feels like that shift is in the air already. Changes. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the header picture. Changes are good because nothing ever stays the same. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got good news on your tests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Without change, we wouldn't grow (and hopefully) become better people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life would be pretty boring without change. As a matter of preference I prefer good changes:)

    Congrats on the good tests results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only thing that is constant is change!! Wouldn't things get boring if we didn't change from time to time!! Great post!!

    Congratulations on your "all's clear" report!! I always sweat the mammograms each year. Happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your great test results ~ as a breast cancer survivor I can say it is one of the scariest test we do. Changes are indeed in the air for so many people.
    Have fun
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. change is a good thing!..Fall is my favourite time of year!!
    have a great day..glad to hear that Rusty is doing a bit better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new header pic is a nice change!

    I never think too much about 'change' per se, it's just living to me.

    Congrats on your tests, that's great news.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is fantastic news regarding your tests.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You waited patiently for your final test results, and now congratulations are in order! Yippee! And I'm glad that Rusty is feeling a bit better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you that all is well on the Mammogram. I know how it feels to have to go back for that 6 month followup due to what was seen. My outcome was also good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a terrific blogroll! I'm a collector of full-time RVer blogs (I'm an aspiring full-timer). You may want to take a look at mine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everybody said it, so we will too --

    Great change to the header picture!

    Glad you had good test results.

    Yay for Rusty doing better.

    Change is good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for sharing your personal great news!!! and about Rusty feeling better too...

    It's chilly here at Yellowstone... kind of puts the mind going towards fall, except that everything here is very very lush and green! not fallish at all!!! I wanted to go to Colorado and hang out to see the Aspens in all of their glory for once, but we not have time if they don't hurry up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah for Rusty - hope his improvement continues.

    I had the same thing with my mammogram 9 months ago, and went back in June for a re-check. I was also okay, so I know exactly how you are feeling. And Russ, too. That's why I like the annual tests, if something's wrong, you nip it in the bud, but if everything's okay, you KNOW everything's okay. Congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. very happy to see all your tests are 'clear' ...have been through that myself..the wait time is hard for sure..yeah for Rusty..hope he continues to improve..take care

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not sure it's possible to be an RVr and not like change.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for showing the "Deep Canyon" on the side bar, that looks really good! Glad the mammo was a-ok!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great news! Congratulations.

    I'll go check out the changes that I missed.

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great news about your mammagram. Good job on the cleaning. Judy from Rvlifeonwheels

    ReplyDelete